Learn the one thing that EVERY successful hockey team does!
“I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour-his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear-is that moment when he has to work his heart out in a good cause and he’s exhausted on the field of battle-victorious”-Vince Lombardi
Hockey coaches, if you aren’t already you need to implement a team dryland training session before or after your regular on-ice practices. Ideally, you’d run the dryland training after the on-ice practice so your players would be able to practice in a non-fatigued condition.
It’s considerably easier for hockey players to learn and master new skills while in a non-fatigued state, making it more likely they’ll perform the skills well in a fatigued state.
Regardless of the timing, dryland training sessions help you keep your entire team accountable for training, and builds camaraderie amongst your players.
Three things to consider while running your team dryland session:
1) All players are not created equally. At any given level, every team has players that are exceptionally fast, some that are admirably strong, and some that have less remarkable physical abilities. Be aware of this in drills that you pair players together in; do your best to pair players of equal physical abilities, and/or highly motivated players with teammates that are slightly faster/stronger.
2) Any idiot with a whistle can make a group of hockey players tired. That doesn’t make it good training. Remember the purpose of your exercises/drills. If you have your team perform a lower body power exercise, such as any type of jump, you want to limit the number of jumps they do to a number that can be performed with maximal intensity and proper form. If your goal is to make your players more explosive and faster, they’re going to need proper rest between each set.
By far the most important and least practiced aspect of recovery is proper nutrition and supplementation habits.
Despite current common practice, it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY as the coach to educate your players on what they should be eating and when. A well-designed nutrition and supplementation program can make the difference between a team that continues to get bigger, stronger, and faster, and a team full of drained players that inevitably begin to resent their dryland training, and eventually on-ice practices.
Check out our Hockey Training Exercise Video Library, which has over 230 training videos of effective Hockey Training Exercises!
If you run your dryland training program the right way, your players should finish the majority of the sessions feeling warm, flexible, and stimulated.
“Working hard is essential to success, but working smart guarantees it.”
You’re ready to become a strong, fast, dominant hockey player, now you need to take action!
Ultimate Hockey Training is the only comprehensive step-by-step training manual for hockey players and coaches endorsed by the world’s leading hockey training experts! Ultimate Hockey Training will show you:
- How to maximize skating speed through simple technique improvements
- How to combine linear and transitional speed training techniques to maximize on-ice transfer from off-ice training
- Plyometric progressions to improve lower body power and skating speed
- Full body power progressions to improve shooting velocity
- Conditioning modalities and progressions to ensure you’re as strong and fast in the third period as you are in the first
Click here for more information >> Ultimate Hockey Training
Check out this video for a small sample of the information contained within Ultimate Hockey Training!
Get your copy today! >> Ultimate Hockey Training
Test the Ultimate Hockey Training System For 60 Full Days With a No-Risk, 100% Money Back Guarantee!
“Test drive” my system for the next 60 days with absolutely no risk. You are completely protected by our 100% money back guarantee.
You will not only be satisfied, I guarantee you will be thrilled and amazed with the book, or you can simply email me and ask for a prompt and courteous, no hassles, no questions asked, 100% refund.
In fact, if you’re not completely happy for any reason at all, then I insist that you ask for a refund. However, after seeing so many hockey players take their game to the next level using the concepts in this book, I’m totally confident that you will achieve a whole new level of athletic excellence.
P.S. Don’t wait for another second! Learn the secrets to powerful off-ice training before your opponents do!